Tenants Contents Insurance

People have the right to decide whether or not to insure their belongings. Some decide not to do so, thinking that the risk is worth taking.

However, fires and thefts may occur which result in heavy personal losses and, in such circumstances, neither the Association nor any other Agency have any obligation to give financial assistance or compensation. You are, therefore, urged to insure the contents of your dwelling and your internal decorations against all contingencies.

House contents insurance is not expensive, and any good Insurance Company or Broker will be glad to give you a free quotation.

The Association’s insurance covers only the structure and the fixtures of your home. You would be liable to replace certain fittings, such as a wash hand basin, if you damaged it, and so you would be well advised to include this in your household insurance.