Ways to pay your rent

Rent is due on Mondays and is payable every week. We also collect your rates together with your rent on behalf of Land and Property Services. All monthly payments must be made in advance. A period of 4 weeks’ notice will be given prior to any rent increase. Rural Housing Association will send you quarterly Rent Statements that will detail charges made and all payments received. If you wish to receive a statement outside these times, please contact your Housing Officer who will arrange to have this sent to you.

Payment Methods

There are several ways of paying your rent as follows:

  • By Telephone

    If you have a debit or credit card you can make payments via the phone, by contacting a member of our Housing Team on telephone number: 028 82246118 (option 2)

  • By Payment Card

    By Payment Card at any Post Office, Shop or Garage displaying the Payzone sign.

    This is the most convenient way to pay if you do not have a bank account as many Payzone outlets are open outside office hours and at weekends.

  • Using your Rent Payment Card

    Step One

    Keep your payment card in a safe place. When you make a payment at a Post Office or Payzone outlet you will need to take your card with you.

    Step Two

    Take your Payment Card, together with your payment to any Post Office or Payzone outlet and give them both to the cashier.

    Step Three

    The cashier will quickly process your payment and give you back your card together with a receipt. This receipt is your confirmation of payment so please keep it safe as you will need it if there is ever a query with your payment.

  • At our Office

    You can pay by cash or cheque or by debit or credit card at the reception area of Rural Housing Association, 2 Killyclogher Road, Omagh, Co Tyrone, BT79 0AX.

  • Using 'My Rural Housing' Tenant Home Portal

    ‘My Rural Housing’ tenant portal gives our tenants 24/7 access to manage their tenancy online, including making rent payments.

    To register for the portal click the ‘Member login’ button on our website and follow the instructions.

    The registration process asks for personal tenancy details only the tenant and our staff should know.

    Click on ‘My Account’ to register. You will need to input your surname, date of birth and unique tenant number, which can be found at the top of your rent statement, or you can call the Rural Housing Team on 028 8224 6118 and select option 2.

  • At any Bank

    By setting up a Standing Order – Rural Housing Association can provide details of their Rent Account upon request.

    Paying by Direct Debit from your bank or building society.

    Your Housing Officer will provide you with a form to complete in order to set this up. There are advantages of paying by Direct Debit. Rural Housing Association will automatically collect the rent due. Furthermore, you will not be required to take any action in the event rent changes e.g. the annual rent increase – this will be automatically increased, and you will be notified in writing. If for any reason you wish to cancel your Direct Debit, please contact your Housing Officer.

    If you are in receipt of benefits or on a low income, you may qualify for Housing Benefit or Universal Credit to help pay your rent.

    Please contact Rural Housing Association for further information.